Hello, my friends. I’d like to introduce you to my new favourite pasta. This one is made with pesto – but not just any ol’ pesto.
No, this one is loaded with basil, sun-dried tomatoes and walnuts. Otherwise known as: some of the best ingredients ever. I actually went back for seconds of this dish, which I never do, because it really was incredible.
If you end up with leftovers (hahaha!), they taste just as good the next day.
Pasta with Basil, Sun-Dried Tomato & Walnut Pesto
There's nothing like a plate of pasta to satisfy your hunger, and this dish is sure to please!
Author: Vegan Insanity
Recipe type: Pasta
- Pasta of choice
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 7-8 sun-dried tomatoes*
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup water + more if needed
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, you can prepare the pesto. In a food processor or high-powdered blender, add garlic, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, olive oil, walnuts, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup water.
- Processed until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor/blender and adding more water as necessary.
- When pasta has finished cooking, drain, and return to pot. Mix in the pesto, plate, and serve, topped with vegan parmesan cheese, if desired.
*If using sun-dried tomatoes that aren't packed in oil, you will need to soak them for at least one hour, or until soft.
(Visited 1,951 time, 1 visit today)
Leave a Reply