Have I mentioned that I love mac & cheese? ‘Cause I doooooo, and I just can’t get enough.
This time, it’s mac and cheese made with a creamy cauliflower cheese sauce. De-lish!
I’ve made numerous mac and cheese recipes in my life, but I think this one takes the cake. It’s cheesy and creamy and satisfying and YUM YUM YUM.
Even my mom, who is far from vegan, loved this dish and asked for the recipe. Mom never asks for the recipe! I knew it was a keeper when even she loved it.
I added some smoked paprika on top for a bit of smoky flavour, but you don’t have to. But it’s delicious and it’s pretty, so why not?
Also, a bit of vegan parmesan cheese never hurt anyone. Throw it on there.
Eat up, eat more, and do a happy dance for delicious vegan mac and cheese. Yes!
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Paprika, as garnish (optional)
- Vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water, and bring to a boil. Add in the chopped cauliflower and carrots. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until softened. Drain, and add to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Add in the oil, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Process/blend until smooth.
- Add cheese sauce to your pot full of drained pasta and mix well.
- Serve, with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan cheese and some paprika, if desired.