My love for pasta cannot be put into words – it’s that strong. If I could eat breakfast for every meal of the day, I’d be one happy girl (I’ve been known to cook up a pot of pasta for breakfast on really cold mornings! I’m weird, I know.).
Alas, this is not possible, so I indulge whenever I can. And when I do make pasta, I try not to complicate things. Simple is often best. Like this pasta here, for example.
There is very little added to it (just tomatoes, garlic, basil, parsley, lemon juice and some herbs), and it tastes amazing. Also, because there are so few ingredients, it takes no time at all to prepare!
I love simple pastas!
Isn’t it pretty?
Use any kind of pasta you want for this – it will work with almost all kinds, but I love linguine. Spaghetti and spiral noodles work well, too. This was just an organic white pasta, but I usually use spelt, whole wheat or brown rice pastas – and they all work well in this recipe!
- 8 oz. pasta (or ½-1 cup per person)
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once warm, add garlic and cook until lightly browned, then add in the tomatoes and cook for another few minutes (3 or 4).
- Drain your cooked pasta and add it to the pan. Mix everything together, and then add in your basil, parsley, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Mix again.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply