I love me some quinoa bowls.
Not only are they delicious, but they are so simple to throw together. Simply add a bed of quinoa to a bowl and top with whatever veggies you have on hand! To make it extra yummy, a cashew dressing is an awesome idea.
Getting ready for my grocery shopping trip the other day, I looked in my fridge to see what I had to use up before refilling it with more goodies.
Broccoli, cauliflower and a container of cooked chickpeas looked me right in the eye and begged to be used in a quinoa bowl.
So I obeyed. I never say no to a quinoa bowl. Especially when it’s covered in a tangy cashew dressing.
Yum yum yum.
You don’t have to follow this recipe exactly – use whatever veggies you happen to have on hand! I’ve made quinoa bowls with green beans, edamame, zucchini, kale, collards, black beans, and so much more. Let your imagination run wild!
But please use the cashew dressing. It is out of this world amazing!
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup dry)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (if using canned chickpeas, drain & rinse them first)
- 3-4 cups broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3-4 cups cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup water + more, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400F and line two large baking sheets with a non-stick mat, or coat with coconut oil.
- Divide the chickpeas, broccoli and cauliflower between the 2 baking sheets, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle on some salt & pepper, and then use your hands to make sure all vegetables are coated with the oil and salt & pepper. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring about halfway through the cooking process.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Divide the quinoa among 4 bowls (about 1 cup cooked quinoa per person), add the roasted veggies on top, and drizzle with cashew dressing.