So, I found myself with an extra sweet potato that really needed to be used up this week.
Not one to waste food (especially this time of year, when produce is ridiculously expensive), I put on my thinking cap. Unfortunately, nothing very creative came to me, so I just decided on a sweet potato salad.
The good news – this salad is OFF THE HOOK. It was so good that I plan on making it again next week. And maybe the week after. And the week after that…
The creamy cashew dressing on it’s own is.. just.. wow. I love cashews. Love, love, love. And the cashew dressing works perfectly with this simple (but delicious!) salad.
Sweet Potato Salad with Creamy Cashew Dressing
A delicious, easy, and very healthy salad for any day of the week!
Author: Vegan Insanity
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 cups salad greens of choice (I used mixed greens)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- ½ tbsp oil for high heat (avocado, grapeseed)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- large handful crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for at least 3 hours
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp agave nectar
- ¼ cup water + more as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. While the oven is heating up, add your sweet potato chunks to a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix them all up so that every potato chunk is coated. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until you can pierce the sweet potato with a fork.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and put them in a high-speed blender or food processor. Add lemon juice, garlic clove, salt, oil, agave nectar and water.
- Process cashew mixture until creamy, scraping down the sides and adding more water as needed.
- Add salad greens to a bowl or plate, top with sweet potato, slivered almonds, chia seeds, poppy seeds, crushed tortilla chips, and drizzle with cashew dressing. Serve immediately.
(Visited 5,856 time, 1 visit today)
Leave a Reply