The other day I was trying to come up with a way to use a large zucchini that had been in my fridge for a few days and was not going to last much longer. It was lunch time, and I was aching for food.
I didn’t feel like making a sweet treat with it, I didn’t feel like a vegetable soup or stir fry or pizza. I wanted the zucchini to be the star of the show.
So, I made zucchini fritters for lunch! And they were awesome.
I topped the zucchini fritters with some of my vegan sour cream that I’d made the day before, and it was delicious!
Zucchini Fritters with Vegan Sour Cream
These zucchini fritters make the perfect appetizer, and also work great for lunch or dinner (especially when paired with a salad!).
Author: Vegan Insanity
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup kamut flour (or all-purpose)
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sprinkle some salt over your grated zucchini, allow to sit for about an hour to remove some water.
- Put the zucchini in a large, clean dish towel, and squeeze out any excess water. Put zucchini in a large bowl.
- Add in the minced garlic, flour, coriander, onion powder, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Form into balls and press gently to flatten.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook until golden (about 5 minutes), then flip and cook for another few minutes, or until that side has also browned lightly.
- Serve, with a dollop of vegan sour cream on top (or on the side).
To make sour cream: To your blender, add the following ingredients and blend until smooth: ½ cup cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours and drained), 1 tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp apple cider vinegar, ¼ tsp salt and ⅓-1/2 cup of water (as needed).
(Visited 172,899 time, 1 visit today)
Leave a Reply