The other day I was trying to come up with a way to use a large zucchini that had been in my fridge for a few days and was not going to last much longer. It was lunch time, and I was aching for food.
I didn’t feel like making a sweet treat with it, I didn’t feel like a vegetable soup or stir fry or pizza. I wanted the zucchini to be the star of the show.
So, I made zucchini fritters for lunch! And they were awesome.
I topped the zucchini fritters with some of my vegan sour cream that I’d made the day before, and it was delicious!
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup kamut flour (or all-purpose)
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sprinkle some salt over your grated zucchini, allow to sit for about an hour to remove some water.
- Put the zucchini in a large, clean dish towel, and squeeze out any excess water. Put zucchini in a large bowl.
- Add in the minced garlic, flour, coriander, onion powder, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Form into balls and press gently to flatten.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook until golden (about 5 minutes), then flip and cook for another few minutes, or until that side has also browned lightly.
- Serve, with a dollop of vegan sour cream on top (or on the side).