We went to my mother-in-law’s house yesterday, and we brought these delicious roasted sweet potatoes with us. They were so good, that the first thing I’m doing this morning is writing up a post telling you all about them – because – YUMMY.
Honestly, I’m not usually big on sweet potatoes because I find them too, well, sweet. Something about a potato that is sweet just weirds me right out.
But – my husband loves them and so does my mother-in-law, so I made them for our visit yesterday. And strangely enough – I actually LOVED these sweet potatoes, too! Hence why I am so eager to share this recipe with you.
Not only are these sweet potatoes super easy to throw together, but they’re so versatile, that you can serve them with pretty much anything and they will likely go really well (they’re really tasty in a quinoa bowl, that’s how I ate them yesterday, and my husband, mother-in-law, and kids ate them on their own).
You can switch up the seasonings to your own tastes. If you like things really hot, you can add more paprika, or even a dash of cayenne pepper. If you like things sweeter, add a drizzle of maple syrup or agave.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into medium chunks
- ⅓ cup vegan butter (I used soy-free Earth Balance)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F and put your sweet potato chunks in a large bowl.
- Add the paprika, salt & pepper to a small bowl.
- Add the vegan butter and minced garlic to another small bowl, and melt in the microwave.
- Mix together the butter/garlic and spices, and pour over the sweet potatoes. Mix everything really well, so that every sweet potato chunk is covered.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until you can easily pierce through the largest chunk with a knife.