I used to visit this popcorn store near our house all the time before I switched to a plant-based diet. Kernels. That was their name – and they sold all different kinds of… you guessed it – popcorn. They often had buy one, get one free deals doing on too, which made my decision to stuff my face full of popcorn even easier.
Since all of their popcorn is coated in butter, I can no longer visit them and buy copious amounts of popcorn. Sad face.
My favourite flavour was cheesy dill. It was finger-lickin’ good, and I don’t say that lightly. That stuff was addictive. I couldn’t get enough! Once I quit cheese and butter, this delicious treat was off the menu for me.
And for months, I just sulked and whined about it. I want my cheesy diiiiiiiiiiiiiiill. I NEED it. I can’t survive without it! I’m going to dieeeeeeeeee…
Thankfully, I [kind of] know my way around the kitchen, so I thought I’d try out my own homemade cheesy dill popcorn – a vegan version that I was actually able to eat.
And I did it!
Full of flavour
Now I can stuff my face whenever I want! SCORE.
Seriously, if you’re a popcorn love and cheese and dill are your thang, give this popcorn a try. I dare you not to stuff your face, too.
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Pop your popcorn and place into a large, brown paper bag.
- Drizzle half of the melyed butter, close the bag, and shake and about 15 seconds. Repeat with remaining butter. Do the same with the apple cider vinegar.
- Sprinkle the fresh dill, nutrotional yeast and sale over the popcorn. Close the bag and shake again - for 15-30 seconds, or until all popcorn is coated well.
- Dump popcorn into serving bowl(s) and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply