I have never met a Caesar salad I didn’t like, but this recipe – this recipe is the best. BEST Caesar salad recipe ever, ever, ever.
That is no lie. It’s the absolute best vegan Caesar salad I have made, and every Caesar lover that has tried it agrees.
The dressing is smooth and creamy, perfectly coating every piece of romaine lettuce. With just a hint of liquid smoke, the dressing gets that bacon taste that traditional Caesar salad has – without using bacon. Yippie!
Liquid smoke, where have you been all my life?
I like to keep my Caesar pretty simple, with dressing and homemade croutons, but you can definitely add other things, such as meat substitutes, sprouts, chickpeas, or lentils.
If you’re a big Caesar salad lover like me – you MUST try this recipe! Then report back and tell me what you thought!
Also, some big news ’round these parts: this is my 100th post on the site! 100 posts since I first started blogging about delicious vegan food in March of this year. YAY!
Thank you so much for reading. I love sharing my passion for vegan food, and I appreciate you for reading these words that I write, scoping out the photos that I take (that are nowhere near as awesome as my favourite food bloggers photos are), and trying out the recipes that I create. I’m honoured that you visit me each week!
- 1¾ cup cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours, then drained
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ serving Caesar dressing
- Homemade croutons
- Add all ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor and blend/process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Add lettuce to a large bowl and add ½ of the vegan Caesar dressing. Mix very well.
- Divide salad among bowls and top with croutons. Enjoy!