Let’s talk about quinoa for minute, mmkay?
Where has this stuff been all my life? I mean, seriously. It’s only been about a year since I found quinoa, and my love for it grows stronger every day. For serious. You can make breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and even desserts with quinoa. There are SO MANY OPTIONS!
And not only is it crazy versatile, but quinoa is actually crazy good for you, too.
- Quinoa is loaded with protein. There’s 12 grams in a 1/2 cup serving!
- Not only protein, but quinoa is loaded with fiber, too. 6g in a 1/2 cup serving.
- Let’s not forget about iron. Quinoa has that, too!
- Quinoa is gluten-free, so even those with a gluten intolerance can enjoy it.
- Because it’s high in riboflavin, or vitamin B2, quinoa can help reduce instances of migranes.
- Quinoa is very low in fat and will keep you fuller longer than dishes made with pasta or rice.
Plus, it just dang tastes good!