Oh avocado toast, how I love you so!
I love making avocado toast not only because it’s delicious, but because it’s so dang easy to make. Smash up an avocado, spread on toast. The end. Well, I do a bit more than that, but if you wanted to, you could just smash an avocado on toast and it would still taste fantastic.
Personally, I love to spread a layer of vegan mayo on my toast first, and mix in some salt & freshly ground pepper with my avocado, but that’s about it! Sometimes I mix chickpeas into the avocado and top the toast with some sliced tomatoes.
But most of the time, I eat it just like this. Simple and yummy.
- 2 slices of your favourite bread, toasted
- vegan mayonnaise, optional (I used Vegenaise)
- 1 small ripe avocado, mashed
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt
- ¼-1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chickpeas, optional
- tomato slices, optional
- Spread some vegan mayo on your toast, if desired.
- Mix the salt, pepper, and chickpeas (if using) in with the mashed avocado, and then spread the mixture on your 2 slices of toast.
- Top with tomato slices (if using) and serve.