I’ve never been a big fan of Ranch dressing on salads, but for some reason, I find it incredible when dipping fresh veggies into it. Which is pretty much the same thing, since salads = fresh veggies. I guess I’m just weird.
The last time I tried my hand at Ranch dip, it was too runny for my taste, so I changed things up a bit, and now this one is much more to my liking. If you don’t like your dip to be as thick, or if you want to use it as a dressing instead of a dip, just add a bit more plant milk.
I used cashews for the dip you see in the photos, but I’ve also made it with tofu with great success. If you want to keep things soy-free, just use cashews.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours OR ½ block firm tofu
- ¼ cup plant milk (I used unsweetened almond)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill (if using fresh dill, up this to 1 tbsp)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend/process until smooth & creamy.
- Serve with raw veggies, crackers or just spoon it into your mouth. Mmmm.