We recently hosted a birthday party at our house and some of our family & friends came out. It was our first time serving only vegan food, so we were worried that our carnivore friends & family were not going to enjoy anything.
Except vegan food is delicious, duh. We had to stop doubting ourselves, and our food. Our food is awesome.
I came up with a list of foods that most people love, such as garlic bread with cheese, and made the recipe vegan, like these garlic bread cheese toasts.
Would you believe that every single one of these cheese toasts (I think I made about 20) were gone in a matter of minutes? And we only had about 10 people over at the time. Everyone raved about how good these were, and we surprised them when we said that there wasn’t a lick of dairy in the recipe!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 small-medium garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 12-inch baguette, sliced
- fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
- Add all ingredients (except baguette) into a food processor or high-powered blender and process/blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to an air-tight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Pre-heat your broiler.
- Spread cashew cheese onto your baguette slices and broil for about 5 minutes, or until the edges of your bread are lightly browned. Watch them carefully so they don't burn!
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired.
Leave a Reply